The NeuroCognitive Institute (NCI) was established in 1994 and initially named the NeuroRehab Institute. Since this time, we have remained committed to our scientist-practitioner model upon which the institute was founded. This model requires that our doctors remain actively involved in research but from within a private practice setting. This gives our patients the exposure to recent and ongoing developments within the clinical neurosciences without the bureaucracy and interpersonal alienation often experienced at larger academic institutions.
Over the past two decades, we have become one of the premiere centers in New Jersey for the diagnosis and treatment of cognitive and related neurobehavioral and neuropsychiatric disorders. Our Institute is staffed by some of the area’s most knowledgeable clinical neuropsychologists, behavioral neurologists, clinical psychologists in pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatrics, cognitive therapists and we have on-site consulting physicians in internal medicine, cardiology, gerontology and hematology.
In addition, we have consulting case managers and social workers to help guide patients and family members in accessing valuable resources to help them cope more effectively with their disorders. We use a team-oriented approach, so new patients are often examined by multiple members of the team depending on the patient’s presenting symptomatology and problems.
Find out more about our experts:
- Gerald Tramontano, Ph.D., Medical Director
- Jacqueline Massa, Ph.D., Clinical Neuropsychology Fellow
- Nicholas Guittari, M.D., Consulting Gerontologist
- Diego Iacono, M.D., Behavioral Neurologist
- Eduardo Ramos, M.D., Consulting Internist
- Lillian F. Lewis, M.D., Extern
- Karen Tennyson, Ph.D., Consulting Geropsychologist
- Kelly Kearns, Psy.D., Consulting Neuropsychologist
- Benjamin Germain, M.S., Functional Brain Mapping Technician and Neuromodulation Technician
- Philip Koshy, Functional Brain Mapping Technician and Neuromodulation Technician
- Suzanne Meadow, M.S., CF-SLP, Speech-Language Pathologist Clinical Fellow and Cognitive Rehab Therapist
- Zachary J. Tivald, M.A., Cognitive Rehab Therapist, Behaviorist, Neuropsychometrist and Neuromodulation Technician
- Doreen Cook, Psychotherapist and Clinical Social Worker
- Leslie M. Krutan, Learning Disability Consultant
- Estela Soniel, Clinical Research Study Manager
- Charlene S. Carlo, Associate Clinical Research Manager